Saturday, March 23, 2013

Why I almost stopped blogging.

Let's get real for a sec. I feel like I need to vent a bit, so if you're looking for easy breezy feel good "I LOVE blogging" kinda posts, this probably isn't the blog for you to visit today. but I've got an intense love/hate relationship with the blogging world at the moment so that's what we're gonna talk about if you decide to stick it out with me.


Creative writing is a beautiful thing. It's why i feel in love with blogs. Why is everyone suddenly taking it so seriously? I don't care about what I can do to grow my blog. I just wanna read about yo life girlfriend. For real, i feel like everybody's turning on me. What's the deal?

1.) I don't know why blogging needs to be a 'thing'. Can't I just blog without everyone being all like, "oh, so you're a blogger". Why such condescending annoyance? First of all, I don't go around telling everyone that I blog. 'Hi I'm Kym, I write a blog'.... never happened. Ever. But when someone finds out i have a blog, they go all eye-roll.

2.) I don't run a business out of my blog. i don't think it's necessary. I blog for myself, and I never intended my blog to be an income. I totes respect people who do this (most of my favorite blogs are profited from) it's just not for me. I don't have time and frankly I don't want to make the time. I'm a stay at home mom trying to run my own business, and I don't need a blog consuming 20 hours a week. Somehow it seems like that would take all the fun out, no? I don't like the notion that your blog isn't valid if you don't run it like a business.

3.) I don't care how many followers i have. I've also realized that this makes me a black sheep in blog land. Apparently, everyone blogs to have followers. I don't. i love it if you're here and i'd love it if you stayed a while because i love connecting with people who share my interests. I have some blog friends that I have rejoiced with, cried with and prayed with. this is why i blog. Not to be part of an 'in crowd'. We are adults and this is the internet. Why is it so clique ridden?

4.) I don't have a perfect life. My outfits are not perfectly styled (mostly they consist of at least 50% pajamas) and my house is not void of mess. Also, my life is not void of low points. i hate that blogs are so... perfect. Why do we feel the need to present perfect order to everyone? Granted nobody wants to read whining woe is me posts everyday but I don't like this false presentation business. be you. Have messy hair and toys everywhere. It makes you cooler, in my opinion.

5.) I realize that not all blogs are this way. Some of my old favorite bloggers have become this way. It is what it is. I stopped following those blogs, as to stay out of the politics. I'm fine with where I'm at. I think I'll stay a while :) I have seen bloggers band together to do some amazing things. Blogging inspires me.  I have made some great friends. Sometimes I just need to take a step back and remember why I'm here. Anyways- that's why I've been MIA since like Christmas.

No comments: