Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Old English Faire

Every year at The Wildlife Prairie Park they have an Old English Faire. The park in itself is one of the best places to visit in Peoria (in my opinion) and the fair is an event we get excited about each time it comes around. This year it fell on Father's Day weekend so early afternoon on Sunday we went to check it out. The fair is full of jousting, dancing, axe throws, too many vendors to count, and homemade root beer. We had a great time, despite the heat- which was nothing compared to two years ago, when I was pregnant and practically dieing. Jonah was old enough to enjoy a bit of the festivities this year. He stared at all the horses in awe and laughed every time a dancer jingled past with their coin embellished skirts.

Aside from the entertainment, there are always so many unique and beautiful handmade goods.
Every year Nick dresses up in his totally cool pirate costume. Doesn't he look awesome? We got Jonah a wooden sword, which was also awesome, but he dropped it on the way out and by the time we realized someone had already picked it up. I was bummed but thankfully he's too little to know the difference...
Henna tattoos, games, dancing, play area
some more details from Nick's costume
I met some very patient and talented women spinning thread, ate the best potato chips I've ever had (that were made right in front of us), made an essential trip to the root beer stand, and checked out the apothecary tent with Matt before heading off to find my treasure. I had decided to look for a thumb ring while we were there since I'd been wanting one for a long time now and figured this would be the perfect place to try and find a Celtic design. It didn't take me long to find the perfect one, and they sized it on the spot!

 It was a great way to spend part of Father's Day, and a  great way to wear out the munchkin :)

4 comments:

Diana Marks said...

Great photos! I am your first Bloglovin follower ;)

Erin said...

That looks like it was really fun! I'll admit that wouldn't be my first stop on a Saturday, but now I might have to see if we have one in the DC area

Kym said...

You should try to find one in your city :) I didn't think it sounded all that exciting until I went the first time.

Ileana said...

That fair looks great, wish I could go to one day! :) Wanna follow each other on bloglovin? Let me know on a comment:)
xoxo

novelstyle.blogspot.com