Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My budding OPI obsession and why it's currently redundant.

OPI is amazing. 
Tons of pretty colors. It stays on my toes foreverrrr without getting all chippy and gross. I get it 1/2 off cause my sis-in-law is a cosmetologist. And don't even get me started on the matte shades. 
So many pros. Just one con. I'm trying to quit my life long nail biting habit. Not going so well. And Pinterest keeps mocking me, making me believe that it's absolutely necessary to my happiness to try all these amazing manicures like NOW.
I dream of someday having long, beautiful, perfectly manicured nails; which would be relatively easy to accomplish if I could just stop biting them. I know it's super gross and blah blah blah, but I don't even realize it's happening. I have my mom's nails too... they are really strong and grow like super turbo fast and most women would probably beat me for wasting their potential. I'm trying, I really am. But, I also want to quit smoking and loose weight. When I'm trying to avoid that muffin, I go smoke a cigarette and when I'm trying to avoid that cigarette, I bite my nail, and why does spring always make me so ambitious to quit all of my bad habits at once and why don't I have more will power? Sheesh. Anyways, enough whining. My sil Shannon is amazing and she gave me the sample mini's of the OPI NYC ballet collection I almost died over, so I'm beyond excited!!! I can do this. And when I do, and my nails are all awesome and stuff, I'll post cute nail polish tutorials and we can be all excited about it together.

No comments: