Monday, September 26, 2011

Surprise!!!!

There are few people in this world more awesome than my grandma. She is a beautiful person and one of the toughest people I know. She raised 9 children mostly by herself (my grandpa was a Marine) and she never has a bad word to say about anyone. She has quite the fan club, and they were all present at her 80th birthday party Saturday afternoon. I was a surprise along with her sister Rita and daughters, and my cousin Ryan... none of which she knew were traveling to Florida to see her. The look on her face when she entered the room to about a hundred people singing "Happy Birthday" was priceless. Absolutely priceless. It was nice to see all of my family, some of whom I haven't seen in years. We have a big family so we aren't all together very often, if ever. It was total chaos but I think that for us that's how we function best... what else do we know, right? The more crowded the more love in every inch of the room.
My Grandma and her 9 children
My cousins and our babies

No comments: